Top Ten Stockholm Memories


1. Winter Wonderland - Sergels Torg , the heart of Stockholm, during Christmas


It was my first experience of Christmas in Europe and I was absolutely thrilled. It seemed like I had walked into the sets of some holiday movie or the holiday specials on sitcoms that I so love watching.



2. Skansen on Christmas Eve



A visit to 'Skansen' - the world's first open-air museum on Christmas Eve was indeed a great experience.
And this was also the day when I viewed my most beautiful twilight, when the sky looked like a great canvas splashed with the most wondrous colors one could imagine.


3. First Snow





My first snow. Though it was not exactly a White Christmas, as the snow arrived a good few days later, it felt wonderful to get dressed up in long overcoats,caps and scarves and step softly on the white blanket.

4. Christmas goodies from the Helanders (They misspelt my name, but then what's in a name?)





 Some home-made Christmas delicacies from my landlord's family.Felt the Christmas warmth in a distant land :)

 5. Viking Line Cruise on New Year's Eve:




 

Year end party on a luxury liner! What a way to bring down the curtains on an eventful year!

 6. Ice-skating at Kungstragarden at H&M After-work:


Lots of firsts in the year! First time skating - slipped badly, fell awkwardly, but enjoyed tremendously! And learnt that sometimes in order to enjoy oneself completely, not being conscious of yourself is quite essential.

7. Easter  (Snow and Sun ):



Explored the various moods of this beautiful city during the Easter break, snowy one day and sunny the next. Climbed atop the Katarinahissen (Lonely Planet lists it as one of the things to do in Stockholm) to capture a bird's-eye view of this magnificent city.

8. Stockholm Culture Night:




Culture Night rocks! Period. What a brilliant idea and concept - free admission to all the museums, galleries, concerts and much more. The only downside - not enough time to take it all in! Visited the City Hall, the Royal Palace, the Governor's House, watched an Opera and a Flamenco performance. Awesomeness!

 9. Floating on the Flyt:


A memorable evening out with one of the nicest persons in H&M project before we parted ways.


10. ABBA City Walk:

One of the very first things that popped into my mind when I came to know about my Stockholm trip was : "I am going to ABBA land!" Childhood memories came flooding back - of listening to my father's collection of ABBA's Golden Hits cassettes on his cassette player on summer evenings. That was my introduction to western/English music of any form; and boy, did I enjoy myself. So the ABBA City Walk was a sort of culmination of all that childhood excitement; walking in the footsteps of the famous four as our tour guide played all the ABBA hits on her portable player inviting curious gazes from passers-by, and listening to their stories as they sang,lived and loved in this beautiful city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for the memories

Remembering the Roses

The two most precious things in the city...