Job hunting!


I did something quite crazy yesterday and surprisingly it made me really happy and pleased. I applied for some online writing jobs yesterday! I duly created a profile filled with sundry details, submitted it and then the site asked me to give a short test of thirty minutes duration. Fifteen minutes of prepositions,verbs etc and another fifteen minutes of writing a short essay about the country I had always wanted to visit. (I wrote about Italy) The grammar part was a piece of cake,the second part had a catch though,I had to judiciously use some prescribed keywords. I am awaiting the results of the test now! 

All pretty normal and sane till now. Then,after the completion of the test,I had to list my previous experiences, provide details about the writing style I am comfortable with and the one where I think I require further training. My short answers to the above mentioned queries were ‘abstract’ and ‘objective’ respectively,if at all they indicate any style of writing.When asked to provide samples of my work, I copy-pasted the link of my very nascent blog. So you might not to be too far off the target in assuming that I’m kind of doing my homework now, if someone does happen to chance across my blog, not so much for testing my writing skills but more so to try gauge my craziness quotient. And when asked for a resume I simply wrote that I didn’t have an appropriate one as I never ever had applied for a writing job in my life and I had no idea how to prepare one. My present resume and the job I am applying are way apart than just the proverbial ‘chalk-and-cheese’.

Even after such a disastrous job hunt, I find myself eagerly checking my mails,hoping for atleast some response. I have been absolutely honest in presenting my application and,frankly speaking,it was such a pleasant change after the usual bloated resumes and the pompous declarations.
It was crazy but I had fun and I daresay I will be absolutely delirious if some miracle happens and they do decide to give me a chance. So friends,please wish me luck!

P.S: If those guys do give me a nod,it will only prove that they are crazier than I am…




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for the memories

Remembering the Roses

The two most precious things in the city...