Being Silly - Disney Style

The latest stuff on my must-watch list these days are Disney's Silly Symphonies. Being silly has never been so rewarding before!
Brilliant in conceptualization,masterful in execution, imagination soaring to unprecedented heights - little stories and priceless lessons all wrapped up in a stunning parade of colors and melodies.
"Adorable" and "Oh so sweet" are just a few of my oft-repeated exclamations as I watch these shorts back to back.

For more information,anecdotes and trivia on one of the most amazing creations of Walt Disney Studios refer to these two links:


Seventy-five different Silly Symphonies were created over a ten year span (1929-1939). I have watched only about twenty till now, so I have a long way to go.
I will decide on my favorites once I am done with the entire series. However, some of the shorts which tugged at my heartstrings just a wee bit strongly are - The Old Mill, Little Hiawatha and The Little House. (List to be updated after every brand new viewing!)

Each story unfailingly leaves us with a message,subtle in presentation but strong in intent. Life's little sermons minus the preaching. And if nothing else,there's always the unadulterated joy of taking a trip down memory lane back to those kiddie days when being silly was all that was expected of us!

(P.S: Hopefully IBM's network will continue to be generous enough in helping me reach my target! This is perhaps the best thing about working in IBM, unrestricted net access and downloading privileges. Reaching office early enough surely has its advantages, and I'm trying my best to make optimum use of the relatively less bandwidth usage of the early hours!)





Comments

  1. Thanks a lot for the visual treat!
    I am hooked to youtube now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, here is a site about Disney animated shorts, creators & rarities : Secrets of productions, unmade Disney, original documents... You'll find on my website all cartoons that Disney made (Silly Symphonies, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, etc...) http://tresorsdisney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for the memories

Remembering the Roses

The two most precious things in the city...