Glimpses into the Hiddles Heart - HiddlesSpeak(2)

So I discovered THIS today! Pure joy. Sheer bliss. Gratitude to the kindred spirits out there in the incredibly loving and warm Hiddles Family.

Trust Tom to make even a simple word association game the most charming, humorous, disarming, spontaneous and fun discussion ever.

And what captivated me was the chain of thought behind each answer; each word that he uttered was like a key to the portal of his beautiful mind.



Starts with a cutesy intro. He's probably a bit taken aback to introduce himself. Poor guy, don't blame him. It surely has been years since he had to do that.

'Dangerous game' , 'Box of cats' - ahaa, his Loki is showing. It's so endearing to see Tom's love for the character he has so memorably brought to life.

Q1: " Thor:- Hammer. Time. "

I'm sorry I didn't understand that last reference. Could anyone please help me out here?

Q2: " Odin:- Father. Complex. "

Oh yes we get that. Loki has some serious father issues. Though one of my most favorite scenes is when in 'Thor', Loki kills Laufey as he (Laufey) attempts to murder Odin. That declaration "And your death came by the Son of Odin" gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. 

Q3. "Milkshake:- Strawberry."

Oh you seem surprised at your answer Tom. Were you expecting to say chocolate? :)

Q4: "Bifrost :- Rainbow. "

I kind of said it aloud the same time you did. Of course, when I hear Bifrost all I can visualize is that shimmering, glittering Rainbow Bridge in an ethereal world.

Q5: "Breakfast:- Pancakes."

I got this one too Tom. So now I know what to order if I ever bump into you at breakfast. :)
Would you make that adorable 'mmmmm' as you enjoyed the pancakes and strawberry milkshake? I sure hope you do. You have such an incredibly beautiful voice that even that 'mmmmm' came out in a sing-song tone. And that laugh at the end. Oh you're killing me now.

Q6: "The Hulk:- Green. Angry. Insane. Rematch."

Ooohh! Awesome! It would be an insane rematch for sure. I, for one, was never rooting for the Hulk Smash ever. 'Puny God'? You better watch out Hulk.

Q7: "Cat in sweaters:- Never. Wow. Never. Amazing."

I'm stumped at this one too.

Q8:  "Comic books:- Marvel."

I see what you did there. Pretty 'Marvel'-ous answer that :)

Q9:  "Shwarma:- Avengers. Finale. Downey Jr."
Age of Ultron won't be the same without you. 

Q10:  "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious:- Mary Poppins. Julie Andrews. Dick van Dyke. Jane and Michael Banks."

Oh Tom's eyes lit up at this. He has always said that he absolutely loves Mary Poppins. And of course. With that incredible memory prowess, how could he have let the moment pass by without reciting a line or two. Love how his eyebrows curve up in excitement and the blue eyes shine bluer.

Q11: "Green and Gold:- Loki. Beautiful. Regal. Magisterial. Magical. Me."

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. OH YES!!!

Q12:  "Stage fright:- Lines. Nightmares. The actor's nightmare. Forgetting. Not knowing the end of the play. Terror. Classic actor's terror."

Don't think that you ever had that Tom. SDCC 2014 pretty much showed it to all the Nine Realms! What command. What poise. What stage presence. What grace. What a performance!


Q13: "Dancing:- Career. All my life. Sisters. Foolery. Clowning. Idiocy. Joy."

Now that has made Tom deliriously happy. His face glows. His eyes shine. He just loves dancing, isn't it? He looks as happy and excited as a child in a candy shop. Or knowing Tom, as Charlie in Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory.
This has to be my favorite answer of all. Just melted my heart into a giant puddle. The mention of his sisters. I can imagine him dancing away without a care in the world in the company of close friends and family.  
'All my life' - makes me go 'awww' yet again.
'Foolery' - Some 'Tomfoolery' there eh? :)
Then, at last, comes the definitive answer - 'Joy'. And I'm done for.


Q14: "Mjolnir:- Heavy. Worthy. Unworthy. I'm unworthy."

In the wise words of Twitterverse, Mjolnir is unworthy of being lifted by Tom Hiddleston. So there you go. No arguing with that infallible logic.


Q15: "Agent Phil Coulson:- Clark Gregg. Dead. Undead. Alive. Why?"

Come on Loki. You are magnetic and magical and irresistible. We are your army. But sometimes you gotta give the good guy a chance too.
As to the 'why', maybe he learnt that 'undead' trick from you, just saying.


Q16: "Thunder:- Lightning. Rain. In thunder, lightning or in rain. Macbeth."

Here comes the touch of Shakespeare. We've been waiting for it Tom :)
Doesn't he look utterly pleased with himself to have made that connection!

But wait, there's surprisingly no mention of Thor - the God of thunder and lightning! Loki is still mad at Thor it seems.


Q17: "Glorious Purpose:- I am burdened with it. A thousand times yes. It's a burden, but it's a welcome one.Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Uneasier, arguably, lies the head that wears glorious purpose."

And some Shakespeare once more, for a grand finish!

Wish the game went on and on. It is so endearing to see Tom put so much of thought and feelings behind each of his answers. He really loves sharing. All answers were like fleeting glimpses into that amazing mind. 


P.S: Okay, taking cue from Q17, let me rephrase Q11 to  Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. OH A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for the memories

Remembering the Roses

The two most precious things in the city...