Which color do you choose?


Life is but an amalgamation of colors. Some bright, some a tad gloomy, but all contribute equally to paint the whole picture, the coming together of these myriad colors is what makes life complete. 
It makes life an exciting adventure, a wonderful tale, a dream come true.

The following is an amazing and beautifully written article which draws a sublime parallel between colors, passions and emotions. And as is the case majority of times, this is also a gem from the Reader's Digest archives.

I am peaceful today, cool, calm and collected, as the saying goes. I am blue, the lovely refreshing blue of a calm ocean. Other people talk about 'feeling blue' and 'blue Monday'. But my blue is the sky making friends with the sun and cotton-puff clouds ; it's the color of welcome water in a heatwave.

Red is inside me too. My red is not the usual angry red everyone talks of ; it is a happy red, rising up inside me like a great ball of fire, exploding into the air and spurting forth small flames of laughter; the red of a clown's nose; the red of the symbolic heart storing love and happiness. It is the same red glow I see at sunset, a red that is so very rare, but I have discovered it.

There is green as well. Not the green of jealousy, but the green I feel and see when I am close to nature. My green glows in me like a young tree. Green is life when you watch winter branches become heavy with green leaves in spring.

Black is supposed to be dull, gloomy - a dead color. My black mood takes hold of me when I feel the need to be sophisticated. It can be shiny, glittering, stunning. Black is not a reminder of storms. Black is the sky at night, sparkling with stars, carrying the moon on a silken thread, an evening dress studded with diamonds.

My silver is a special color of adventure and excitement; the stars at night, a jet in fight, the sun chasing it, making it shine. It is dangerous, an exciting silver of flashing swords and clashing 'en garde' cries.

And, finally white! I am saving it for my special day, then my white will be clouds, a long dress and a veil, a white bouquet, a white cake. My white will be heaven, a honeymoon and love. My white will be special. My white will be shared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for the memories

Remembering the Roses

The two most precious things in the city...