Pachelbel's Canon - Divine Music

Sometimes the search for one thing can lead you to another, which may turn out to be an even greater source of joy! I was searching for a particular music piece, the one which had accompanied the 'How I Met Your Mother' episode 'The Final Page'; where a breathtakingly beautiful background score had played as the sixteen steps of the final play, 'The Robin' were gradually revealed.

It was such a singularly haunting tune and I couldn't get it out of my head. Immediately, I hit the treasure trove of the internet to discover and download this tune. Since it was an original, composed solely for the tv show, with no names mentioned in the show credits, it was a bit difficult to trace it. Opinions on the forums varied. I downloaded a few tunes, but none of them was the one that I was looking for. 

Then I chanced upon this glorious composition. It seemed that most people had mistaken the show tune as a rendition of the famous Pachelbel's Canon. For me, it again turned out to be one of those little serendipitous discoveries, small moments of great joy. 

It was my introduction to the Pachelbel's Canon, and it mesmerized me. It made me happy. It made me sad. It made me go through a whole gamut of emotions, a whole spectrum of memories. The experience was magical and elevating, it was surreal.
Now when the Pachelbel's Canon plays on my laptop or on my phone, it helps me escape my worries and anxieties for a few precious moments. I can close my eyes and let myself immerse in its pristine beauty. It is pure bliss. It is musical 'nirvana'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachelbel's_Canon

One of the many versions available on the internet. This one features all the original instruments of the composition.

                              



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for the memories

Remembering the Roses

The two most precious things in the city...