Of smiles shared and bonds made

It's been over eight months here in Stockholm, at H&M.
Learning a lot of new things, unlearning some old stuff, gathering valuable experience and, most importantly for me, forging bonds that leave an impression on people's minds. Build not only a professional relationship but ties that surpass it. It has been a pleasure interacting with the people here, everyone has been extremely cordial, helpful and supporting. And I have tried to reciprocate their candor with the genuine warmth that I have felt for them. Maybe I am a bit too emotional by nature  and I accept that as a folly. I tend to get too affected at times by the circumstances.
Today was one such day for me. It was very difficult to say the least.
Two of the nicest persons I have met here left the project today. It is an integral part, a way of life at any workplace, of all professions - people coming and leaving. But I will take a bit of time to adjust to it.
It is because they were more than just colleagues, I was lucky to have shared such happy, positive vibes with them. We might not have worked together very closely,or on a regular basis,but,somehow, that did not come in the way of sharing a special bond with them.
And in this past week, what gave me immense happiness was the fact that too had somewhat similar opinions about me. These are the times when I dare to hope that I am,maybe,a wee bit special. Because what matters more than anything else to me is people saying that I always greeted them with a smile. And I feel really glad to know that these absolutely and incredibly nice persons thought that I was very nice too! That was the best goodbye gift I could have ever hoped for!
Recollecting their parting words and gestures would surely light a candle for me in depressing times, when I am low on confidence. Because they thought 'I was a very nice person with an ever-smiling face', because they were observant enough to notice that sometimes I would walk about a little distracted or lost and sweetly described my habit as 'a bit up in the sky', because they were always so interested in hearing about my weekend adventures around the city and confessed that they would miss them, because they asked others to take good care of me -  I am counting my blessings already.
Warm hugs and kind words - they will remain a precious part of my Stockholm saga.

Saknar Dig ! Lycka Till !  Tack för minnena !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you for the memories

Remembering the Roses

The two most precious things in the city...